2

Kleptomania - Were you a patient?

Posted by Unknown on 4:24 PM
The Online Dictionary defines Kleptomania as 'an obsessive impulse to steal regardless of economic need.' We all have heard about this disease, some have seen people indulging in kleptomaniac activities and some of us even practice it.

Well, to be honest I think all of us have indulged in this pleasure at least once, actually, more than once. Of course, age factor counts. I was five years old when I stole Rs 100 from my Mom's wallet for nothing. Then was 11-years-old when thoroughly enjoyed a whole day of shop lifting at a book fair in Pragati Maidan. Most of the books I picked had nothing to do with my interest or academics, yet the pleasure of stealing and not being caught was awesome! (I still have those books).

Recently, I noticed one of my colleagues picking up office stuff of negligible economic value. When I asked him about missing stuff, he simply reasoned that he took stuff home for working and was about to return them, of course he never did return .. except a water bottle.

His acts reminded me of my silly habits or say minor symptoms of the funny disease. It used to be fun - fun without any cause, without any motive, perhaps it was innocence.

So how many of you were as innocent as me in your chilhood? Share your experiences!

|

2 Comments


I was also as innocent as you.I was six years old when I stole ladoos from one of neighbors house... Funny but the truth.... :):) hehehhehehheehe


Well i never thought of stealing anything when i was a child. but yes in full senses i stole a cricket kit from my school including the bat. :)

And telling you a secret, right now i m using a deo which was shoplifted by my roomates.

Copyright © 2009 Life, City, Work and Beyond. . . All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.