2

Tantriks on City Red Lights

Posted by Unknown on 4:25 PM in , ,
Many of my friends must have already read about the Tantrik and Snake in my status(es), but for those who have not here's the full story:

Today when I was lost in my plans to make a documentary on one day with a street child (I make innumerable such hypothetical plans everyday), I saw a tantrik doing some mumbo jumbo with two girls in an auto at a Delhi Red Light. Time: 9.00 AM, heavy rush hour and the guy and his pray seemed to be completely at ease.

He kept something in one of the girls' hand and read some mantras. Then he asked her some details which suddenly made her uncomfortable and she promptly asked him to leave and auto driver to move from there. In return, tantrik, afraid to loose his 'client' brought out a live 'SNAKE' and started telling her about its religious importance and when she completely freaked out, he actually started chewing the snake from its belly!!!

Now, honestly I freaked out too, even though I was at a distance I just could not make out what was it or who was it? Was he really a tantrik with black magic or super powers or just another impostor dressed up to trick people in broad daylight for their money?


Well, whomsoever it was, I really want to warn all my friends from such people. Whatever your believes might be such people are not healthy intrusion in any body's life.

I used be charmed by how traffic light inhabitants in big cities manage their lives, how they innovate or network to earn their daily food but today's innovation has amazed me. I wonder what all street dwellers across India are coming up with? In case you have seen something weird or experienced any such incidents please do leave a comment!

|

2 Comments


I have seen two ladies beggar...one of them is pregnant....they were crying for help...but trust me...it was only acting...they were asking for money instead of taking the other lady to hospital...i was in a auto with one friend who is from US. She was horrified at the scene and still remember that incident....i feel embarrassed


@Varun: It is truely sad. The red lights do make a medium for living for a large section of people and have come to be more organised in metros but such pathetic reasons and crooking is what pulls down India's image as an international city

Copyright © 2009 Life, City, Work and Beyond. . . All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.